Side effects of Obimet SR 100

what are the side effects of Obimet 100 SR. Though initially I lost weight , but now I have gained back more.please help
Asked On : Fri, 17 Feb 2012
gastrointestinal upset, including diarrhea, cramps, nausea, vomiting and increased flatulence; metformin is more commonly associated with gastrointestinal side effects than most other antidiabetic drugs.[17] The most serious potential side effect of metformin use is lactic acidosis; this complication is very rare, and the vast majority of these cases seem to be related to comorbid conditions, such as impaired liver or kidney function, rather than to the metformin itself

Do u have any Thyroid Problem?