Side Effects of Femilon ?

I have been taking OCP- Femilon for the last one year. Is it safe to continue with it ? Since I'm planning to conceive by early next year, when do I ideally stop taking the same?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

From my recent personal experience, I can say that is completely safe. I took Femilon OCP for over 2 years before stopping it. I stopped Femilon 6 months before I planned to conceive but  fortunately I conceived within 3 months of stopping Femilon. My suggestion would be to stop 6 months before you actually plan to conceive. If you are lucky, you will conceive even earlier.Good luck.

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated. I feel much relieved now!

Anonymous's Response
sir i want to know that is there any side effect of femelon is excessive hair fall
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
i would advise you to stop ocps atleast 6 months before you plan pregnancy for your cycle to become ovulatory. It is safe to take ocp but for a less time. The best method of con traception is barrier method. For more contact your gynecologist before taking any mediccations. I hope i have answered your query. Take care