Sickle Cell Anemia Patient. Having blood transfusions. Normally I receive IVs weekly thru my veins. Will this process keep my Blood being strong & not cause any damage to my kidney & Liver?

Hi! I am a Sickle Cell Anemia Patient 33yrs young. My Primary Doctor has patients who giving themselve IVs@home. after traing. He offered me the opportunity to do this after receiving Blood Tranfusions & the couple of Bags of Fluid given at that time also. In order to make sure my Kidneys & Liver are not under-supplied from the increase of Iron I just received.
The Blood Tranfusions I receive are from 3 to 31/2 months.
He wants to have the Techs teach me to do IVs for a period of 4days after a Blood Transfusion... not thru my Veins BUT under my skin into the little Fat I have.
My Question: Normally I receive IVs weekly thru my veins. Will this new Process Keep my Blood from being so strong as well as to not cause any damage to my kidney & Liver from the strong Blood/Iron I recieve on a Regular Basis?
I Trust my Doctor, but my sister isn't sure about this procedure. It would also Free me up from months of weekly visits just for IV fluid, smile. Still, I want to do whats right.
So, will a4days give me the same results without harming my kidney & Liver?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013