Sick with sinus infection, antibiotics, itchy rash on back, lower abdomen and scalp, Rx cream cleared abdomen rash, minor rash on back, scalp rash treatment

Yes, please -- I was sick for approx 7-8 weeks with respiratory/ sinus infection. I took 3 rounds of antibiotics and at the start of the third round, I developed an extremely itchy rash at the base of my back [center], on my lower abdomen , and in my scalp . I have had this rash for approx 3 weeks now. I was applying a Rx cream my Mom gave me callmetasone 0.25% which completed cleared up my abdomen, but I still have some minor rash/itching on my back. Problem is my scalp -- rash continues to spread and is very, very itchy with some burning. I have been applying the cream to my scalp at night, washing my hair every day but it hasn t really helped. Is there anything I can use -- over the counter -- until I see the skin doctor? My appt is not until late next week.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012