Sick, rashes on face. Viral gastrenteritis? Should i be worried?

My 5 year old son had a sickness bug yesterday and now has a rash across his face. These are small red pin prick type spots that are not raised from the skin at all and are confined to the facial area only. I have checked to see whether there are any on his torso and whether they stand the glass test - which they do not appear when a glass is pressed against them. Should I be worried? Or is this symptomatic of the viral gastrenteritis?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013