Shoulder surgery to be done. Quit stoking. Is it safe to have surgery just after quitting smoking?

Yeah Im gonna be having shoulder surgery in possibly two weeks.I quit smoking 5 days ago.which would be about three that a sufficient amount of time to still have surgery.and also I would be on short term disability .would my employer be able to find out if my urine tested positve for thc.this has really made me quit for good now.I smoked for a long time and now I m just ready to give it up.its not worth losing my job.I have a three year old that I don t want to let down.thanks for any input you may have.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012