Shoulder pain spreading while taking deep breath, cough. No relief with relaxers. Cause of pain?

I am having really bad pain in my left shoulder blade area. Originally i thought is was muscle spasms (I have a lower back injury), so i took my muscle relaxers. 3 days later, nothing helps the pain and it is spreading, especially when i take a deep breathe or yawn or cough . This is when I get really bad pains in my left shoulder blade area, all along the top of my shoulders and back of my neck , and today it has also spread to the front lower part of my next (by my collar bones). What could be causing this and is this something that i should go to my family doctor for?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012