Shoulder pain, headache, sleeplessness

I have a burning pain in my left shoulder two inches down from my neck . It s causing a throbbing pain from my temple around my ear to my shoulder. I can t even sleep . Nothing helps.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012

A very non specific pain at this location. This description is not sufficient to pin point or arrive at possible reasons. I think you need a thorough examination from a GP / Surgeon in your area who can examine the neck for lumps, oral cavity, movements of the head.

A muscular pain is common at this location caused by sternomastoid muscle. Since nothing helps, this is another reason to consult a doctor for right prescription.