Shoulder pain. X-ray shows osteophyte. Prescribed Ultramed. Is medicine okay?

Hello. My 77 year old Dad is on my holiday with me @ Bahrain and is suffering from shoulder pain. the pain aggravates especially at night. He had a similar problem about 6 months earlier, while he was still @ India and an X-ray had been advised. The X-Ray Report reads as follows: * Large Osteophyte seen from interior border of head of humerus * Shoulder Joint Space reduced * Remaining visible bones & joints are normal * Soft tissue are normal From his medical file, I think the following medication was prescribed: * ULTRAMED * RABIKINAL 20 mg He refuses to see a new doctor here. Kindly advise if the above medicine is correct and can we use similar alternative medicine available here. Kindly advise some medication that can be given to him
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013