Shoulder pain. Wore a sling. Not helpful. What can be done now?

I fell off my bed and landed on my left shoulder . Now it hurts to lift my arm and I can t raise it over the hight of my shoulders. What should I do? I don t want to go to the doctors so should I just wear a sling for a day to two and see how it feels after and then maybe consider seeing a doctor? Do you have any idea as to what I could have done to it? It s not bruised at all I just can t move it and I hurts when I m just sitting still sometimes.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013