Shoulder injury, pain on moving arm, weakness. X-ray, physical therapy done. Treatment?

i injured my shoulder at work i felt sharp pain and now have pain most of the time especially when moving arm above head,behind back and straight out also when trying to pick something up my should feels very weak also i went to a dr he said i sprained it and ordered xrays aand physical therepy does this seem right i thought i may have a torn rotator cuff the pain is on the outside and upper part of the shoulder
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012