Shoulder blade pain, neck pain, had sciatic issues. On ibuprofen. Anything else?

I m having constant pain from my left shoulder blade down my arm and elbow . Sometimes it feels like it extends on down into my lower arm, but not into my hand or fingers. I ve tried ice and heat, doesn t seem to help (though I haven t done it regularly). I haven t injured it in any way that I m aware of, it just seemed to begin suddenly, like a crick in my neck, then progressed from there to my shoulder, then to my arm/elbow. Iboprofen helps some, but it doesn t completely go away, just dulls to the pain to a tolerance level. It doesn t keep me awake at night, though I feel it as soon as I wake up. I m not sure what kind of doctor to see, if that s what I should do. I go to a chiropractor monthly for maintenance due to some prior sciatic issues, but not sure that s the answer here. I m basically a healthy 65 yr old female, not used to having these kind of problems, and it s becoming very annoying. What should I do first?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013