Should patient of dementia be taken off Namenda due to side effects?

My mom is 87 has moderate dementia and has been given 5mg of Namenda twice daily. Now they have increased to 20mg. She has is now experiencing the following since increase: itching, stupor, vomiting, confusion,x back pain seeing, hearing things that are not there, anxiety, indigestion.....her quality of life has gone down hill within a week of taking increased dosage. I am thinking of taking her off this med because she is not the same Mom. Is it worth sticking it out or giving her some peace as she knows it?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Feb 2014