Should i take medicine in blood pressure of 145/92 ?

i m 43. my blood pressure is 145/92, should i take medicine now? Does raw garlic helps if i don t start taking medicine?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Hi,thanks for query.One can not rely on single reading.You need to have at least 3-4 elevated reading to decide whether you need treatment or not.The normal range for any individual in the absecne of any other illness is 140/90.Please a keep a record and if most of the readings are above normal you may need medicines.Salt restricted diet,exercise will help you to avoid medicines.Garlic does not have any direct effect.