Should distance matter when choosing a hospital for pregnancy check up?

hello madame,good morning,could you suggest me how to choose a hospital and doctor for a pregnancy check up. So the question is will the distance matters from the home to hospital or it doesnot matter ? Suppose I choose a good hospital for pregnancy treatment which is a hour distance from my home then will it be nice or should I choose some hospitals near my home which is arround 15 - 20 minutes far away. Why I am asking because near my house there aren t good hospitals but good hospitals are far aways from my home which takes a hour to reach there. Regards Swati
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for writing in.

No, distance doesn't matter a lot while choosing a hospital for pregnancy check-up.

whichever hospital is best in your view , you can choose that.

Distance matters on your health condition,complications and at the time of your delivery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.