Should a person bitten by a vaccinated kitten still take anti-rabies injections ?

Good day, I have a 5 month old Persian kitten who bit a neighbor just this week. I told my neighbor not to worry but he panicked and went to the hospital right away. He was advised to undergo 2 sets of anti- rabies vaccination (4 injections per set) 1st set on the 1st 14 days and the rest on the next 14 days (28 days total). My cat had it s complete set of vaccination when it turned 3 months (as advised by the Veterinarian) and is raised in doors, doesn t interact with other pets and is well taken care of from diet to grooming. I asked a second opinion from my Vet and I was advised that my neighbor should be okay since my pet had anti-rabies shots and he should clean the wound with soap & water. My neighbor who claimed was traumatized in his early childhood thought otherwise so we went to a Clinic (referred by my Vet) that administers vaccination for animal bites and we were told that even if a cat/dog has completed it s anti-rabies vaccination with the prescribed period, a person bitten will still have to undergo an anti-rabies shot at least 1 set (consists of 4 shots). I reasoned that would defeat the purpose of having your pet immunized it that will always be the case every time a pet scratches or bites someone accidentally. I told them I had pets before and I ve been bitten several times and I only had myself injected when I was bitten by a stray dog years ago. I also get scratches and bites when I bathe my cat twice a month which is inevitable. I need all advice I can get and clarification regarding the matter. My neighbor dared to advise me to cage my cat or to tie it even if it s inside our house. That is despite my reassurance that he ll be ok and I told him that he should always get second advice plus there s always Google. I guess the doctors advised only made his traumatic experience worse and I cannot afford to shoulder the expense each time this happens since there is no guaranteed way of immunizing a pet from rabies. By the way, I m from the Philippines where stray dogs are a common sight but that didn t stop me from being a responsible pet owner.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011