Should a hypertensive with cholesterol take glucophage 500 mg after having been diagnosed as diabetic ?

hi, i am a female 58 years taking medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol . Recently i was diagnosed diabetic although my fasting blood sugar is 84.67 which means within normal range my HbA1c is 8.5. The doctor prescribed me glucophage 500 mg to take 2 after dinner. Do i have to take this medicine although my sugar level is normal. Also I want to ask about (Red cell size Distribution Width ) which is higher than normal 16.7 (normal 11.5-14.5%) Thank you for clarification
Asked On : Mon, 13 Feb 2012