Should a 89yr old woman who is in need of a pacemaker get on an hour long plane flight?

Should a 89yr old woman who is in need of a pacemaker get on an hour long plane flight? My Grandmother wants to go over to Dublin from Liverpool via plane w/the rest of the family for a graduation. She seems hellbent on going, which I admire...but it is a the expenese of everyone else s nerves .She is apparently in need of a pacemaker and is waiting for the surgery date. She a lot of work these days and is very demanding. I guess an English Doc. told my mother (who is really the main source of support for her...)that she should be fine to fly...but I am not so sure. We (our family) will be there for 3 days and don t know if she can take the stress of the journey. My mother doesn t have the heart to tell her that she shouldn t come. I am more worried for my mother who has to look after her. She sounds like a nervous wreak on the phone and I suggested getting another medical opinion. I would assume that the air pressure change would be hard on someone who s heart cannot regulate itself naturally under normal circumstances. But maybe I know nothing! Th
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009