Should a 19 month old baby undergo surgery urgently for VSD:left to right shunt sinus rhythm or will it subside on its own ?

My male baby,19months old has been diagnosed 1yr ago,by cmc vellore,3MM,VSD : left to right shunt sinus rhythm ,increased PBF,NO PAH (initially it was 5 mm on dtd 12/6/2010 & now it is ,after treatment 3mm on dtd15/12/2010 ), I would like to know surgery is urgently needed ?or it will close by its own as the child grows.?if so where is the most cost effective place to have such surgery? now my baby under treatment.the doctor advice medicine are as follows:-1)DIXINPAED 1.6ml -5days in a week.2) FUROPAED 0.8ml every day.3)tab enam2.5- 1/4tab twice in a day.please advice me how far medicine is effective to cure this. mk ghosh,kolkata.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011