Should I worry about the pain in right side of my groin even after HPT was negative ?

Hi just after some advice been having an ache in the right side of my groin for approximately 5 days been sick the last 3 days but the pain now moved to middle of groin and feel very full. The week previously had a 1 day period which is not like me as normally on for 4 days. Done 2 hpt which are negative, should I be worried
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Thanks for writing in.

HPT is positive in most cases 15 days following sexual intercourse. If it has not yet been 15 days since last sexual intercourse, there might be likelihood of you being pregnant.

The groin pain can be due to any infection in the pelvis region, commonest being urinary tract infection. This is usually accompanied by burning sensation when passing urine. This can be confirmed by urine examination. Meanwhile you may drink lots of water and fluids and visit washroom frequently.

if your pain is not related to urination, there can be other causes in the pelvis for which you must consult a doctor. You might have to get ultrasound scan done for confirming diagnosis.

Less duration of periods can be normal and abnormal and needs to be discussed in detail with your doctor.

Hope this helps