Should I take treatment for minor degenerative disc causing stiffness in the legs with difficulty in walking ?

I have had a weak, painful spine for over 15 years. Nothing showed up on last MFI but everytime I try to be active, my back/buttock/ neck muscles spasm , pain in groin , hip and rib cage and the stiffness is so bad in my legs I can hardly walk. My legs feel like two blocks of wood. I am managing the pain, but worried about the lack of function everytime I move about. As it has gone on for so long, should I consulant a GP? Been down the road of investigation about five years ago and was told bones good, minor degenerative discs, so reluctant not to waste anyone s time. The morning stiffness increases all day when I am up and about. Should I rest more?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Feb 2012