Should I take thyroid tablets lifelong and what diet should I maintain ?

I am suffering from thyroid, last month tested for T3, T4 and TSH , in which TSH count has come 22. I am a female of ge 38 and I am Thyroid was detect for me in month of April 2011, at that time TSH count was 6.5. I was told by doctor to take Thyronorm 50 mg for 3 months and then do the test again. I took the medicine for 3 months and then after one month did the test and TSH count shooted to 22. Doctor asked me to take Thyronorm 100 mg. I would like to know whether I would have to take this medicine for life long or will this cure. What diet should I follow? How can it be regularies?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Aug 2011