Should I take my 8 month old who has not passed motion for 3 days to ER ?

i have a 8 month old son who has what looks to be a swollen abnomen...he hasnt had a bowel movement in 3 days and his norm is 2 a day...he is straining alot but nothing follows it...we have givin him prune juice,pears and bannanas as well as we have done the infant suppositories and nothing is helping....he was on amoxacillian with clavulin as he has a reaccuring ear infection and he developed diahreah from it(one of the side effects) he finished the antibiotics 5 days ago,has had a fever off and on(more on then off and they have always been 38.8-39.9)since his ear infections started(march 3rd 2011)...this is his second round of antibiotics...any advice...should i go and take him to emerge..he has been very fussy and whinning and crying alot...wakes up alot at night with screaming fits....
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011