Should I stop contraceptive pills, when ever is not necessary ?

hi doctor , im 36years old with two children under CS operation. right now im taking althea an oral contraceptive pills , my husband goes in & out in the country say about 3 months then stay a month here then go again and be away for 6 months or 3 months on & off for 2.5years now.. during those times a month before he come back i start to take it then stop when he go away. is it safe or can it distract my hormones? should i just continue using pills while he is away? thanks
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011