Should I seek medical advice for a swelling superior to my sacrum and coccyx and proximal to the lower lumbar vertebrae back or will it subside ?

Hi, I am a 19 year old female and I have had a swollen lower back for the last six months. The swelling is directly superior to my sacrum and coccyx and proximal to the lower lumbar vertebrae . I have not gone to get it checked out, because I am trying to save money and it is not painful unless I over-excersize or do something to bother it. If i do that then I get a strange numbness in my quadriceps and extreme back pain to the point where i can hardly stand or even move at all. Any ideas to what it is? I am very confused and have studied up a lot, because i was a medical student for a while.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011