Should I see a doctor after 72 hours of being released from a mental health hospital?

yes i was released frrom a mental health hospital with enough medication untill my appointment but i havent been seen but only once for the intake.I still havent seen the DR. to get my medication. its been since december 13. Am i not suppose to be seen by the DR. 72 hours after being released and havent had any medication since jan.11.2o13
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
It is not clear why you stopped medicines. You are saying in the first sentence that you were released from mental health hospital with enough medicines. Since you needed admission in M H hospital, I assume that you had a psychiatric illness requiring hospitalization. Most of the disorders need a treatment for more than one month. If you stopped your medicines because of some adverse effects, your doctor may be able to change your medicines to those without adverse effects.
It may not be proper to re-start the medicines in the prescribed dose as many medicines require gradual increase in dose after stopping.
So you should see a doctor as soon as possible

Psychiatrist Dr. Ashish Mittal's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

In your query, you are telling 2 things same time: Have not seen doctor after 13 December and released from hospital in last 3 days. In hospital stay doctors visit patient daily.

But irrespective of your query, if some problem arises which need attention then you can meet doctor even on the same day discharge.

Wish you Good Health and all the best.

Dr. Ashish Mittal