Should I repeat the PPD test once more ?

My 4 yrs old daughter is PPD positive..while she was negative when she was 3 yrs old...what to it false ..should I repeat the test once more
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Positive PPD test or Montoux test means presence of antibodies against Mycobacterium.. This can happen when there is infection - either tuberculosis or non tubercular Mycobacterial infection or due to BCG vaccination.. If the test was not read correctly, there are no other posibilities.. If she has not been vaccinated with BCG vaccine at birth, then there is no harm in repeating the test, if you are not convinced..