Should I present myself to a new doctor as new or a patient with 13 year complaint history ?

I was on Pain mgmt for 13 yrs. Compliant w/ meds always. Last winter , during a 3 month period, I was working in my house, and drinking. I mistook hangovers for physical dependence , went to a 5-day detox. Had them notify my pain doc. Well., next visit, they sent me to a 355 MMPI pysch test, started weaning me off the meds, urine tests, counting my pills . The Neuropschologist that gave me the test stated to my doc, Although he answered consistently, I still feel he may be hiding something and may potentially abuse his meds..(what crap)..I left this doctor with a strong exit letter. Question: How do I present myself to a new Pain doc in PA. As new, or with my 13 yr compliant history (with a 2 month drinking period that scarred my record?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Aug 2011