Should I be concerned for few grey hairs on my toddler ?

my toddler has a few grey hair on his head . should i be concerned ?
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
Hi Arpita, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Does he have any other symptoms like, Changes in skin pigment, Decreased muscle mass, Diarrhea, Failure to gain weight and grow, Fatigue, Large belly??? If yes, he needs a Further evaluation by a Pediatrician to rule out if he has Kwashiorkor, It is a form of malnutrition that occurs when there is not enough protein in the diet. He will require a Urinalysis and Blood work up. Apart from grey hair, if he has no other symptoms, Then the cause may be hereditary, that is, it may run in families. It is always better you get him evaluated by a Dermatologist.
Feed him more calories and Protein rich diet which should include, eggs, chicken, milk, Fish, fresh fruits and Green leafy veggies. Calories are given first in the form of carbohydrates, simple sugars, and fats. Proteins are started after other sources of calories have already provided energy. Vitamin and mineral supplements will also be needed.

I Wish him Good Health, Take Care.
Thank you very much for answering my query. My kid is very active and does not seem to have any other symptoms that you listed. But I will still go to a child specialist and show him. I give him an egg everyday and about 500 mls of milk containing jr horlicks or nutrilite. But he is a fussy eater and as he increases in height he seems to be getting leaner/thinner. He is 2yrs8months and his height is 100.5 cms and weight is around 14-15kgs. What can I do to increase his weight? I will start giving him chicken if it helps. I would be very much grateful for any other advice to making him healthy.
Thank you,