Should I be concerned about hardened skin around the penis area ?

a couple of days ago a pimple or what I believe to be a pimple showed up between my penis and scrotum just to the right side. I popped it and afterwards it became hard. it is almost healed on the skin level but is still hard underthe skin. Now i noticed the vein directly below it is hard also. I it starts where the pimple was and goes for about an inch to the right going towards my blatter. Should I wait for couple of days to see if it goes away or should this be a great concern for me. Also what could be going on here?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Jan 2011