Should I ask for a second opinion regarding functioning of kidneys and kidney stones ?

Hi there, I am 49 years of age, female from staffordshire england. I would like to ask some advice about kidney stones . When I was 46 I was diagnosed with 16 kidney stones, 9 in the left, 7 in the right. My urologist performed all the usual tests which were normal. I was told they were embedded and I probably would never pass them,so I have yearly check ups. I am in pain most of the time but he tells me I shouldnt be and its dismissed. Recently on my yearly visit he told me that they had moved and I had a ct scan . He said the kidneys were draining well and there were no blockages so Ill see him again in a year. When I first found out I had kidney stones I was also referred to a nephrologist because of protein in my urine. She advised I had stage three kidney disease caused by the kidney stones then referred me back to GP to monitor my kidney function every 6 months. My recent kidney function test has gone down again it is now 50. I am in pain most of the time in my kidneys especially the right. Is this normal procedure or should i look for a second opinion.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011