Shot of Abx after dog bite. Area around puncture swollen and red. Normal?

I was bitten byb a dog lsat Mon i have been taking 1750mg of abx a day. I also had my tdap and got a shot of abx in the buttox. It was determined that the bite is infec that is reason for all abx. besides the actual punture getting a scab and healing on the outside it does not appear the bit on the inside is healing. My finger still hurts at times specially when I hit something on it. around the puncture it is swollen and red and on the top part is white and my skin is peeling around the scab? is that nml? any suggestions
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
There are two issues after a dog bite.
One is the prevention of rabies by taking complete schedule of shots of anti rabies vaccination as per the doctor advice.
And the second one is the bite wound management.
If the wound is infected, antibiotics has to be continued and dressing of the wound has to be done by the doctor.
Be in follow up with the doctor till the wound gets healed.
Hope I have answered your query.