Shortness of breath, whole body in pain, but left side moreso

shortness of breath, whole body in pain, but left side moreso, hearing seems to have degraded a bit, sleeping a lot, eyes hurt and burn when they close

This is pertaining to my father whom I'm worried about. He's 51 years old pushing 52. He's been sick the last three or so days with symptoms he's described as shortness of breath, he says his entire body aches, but the left side hurts the most. He said his hearing is getting bad, and his eyes hurt a lot, and described a burning sensation when he closes them. He's also been sleeping a lot more than usual. Could these symptoms be leading to something deadly?

And I am trying to get him to see a doctor, but he isn't yet. So for now, I'd like opinions, if available, on the possibilities of what this could be.

Much appreciated.

Asked On : Sun, 18 Apr 2010