Shortness of breath while pregnant, do I need to be concerned ?

I'm pregnant, I laid in bed and now feel out of breath and my heartbeat is beating pretty fast, do I need to be concerned? I wasn't doing anything before bed and I've switched positions to see if that would help and it didn't....
Asked On : Tue, 23 Feb 2010

hi i was the same dont worry as your body is going through alot of changes your heart has to work faster to get the blood round your system also the baby growing presses up onto your lungs and makes you short of breath if you are truly concernd seek medical advice or speak to your health visitor some people suffer with palpapatations and shortness of breath i did and i was healthy i had my last child at 42 and  you i am sure are alot younger than me good luck on your arrival

Anonymous's Response

Heart beating very fast means something is wrong within, so you should consider to rush to the ER  and get an ECG done. Once done with it, it shall have improvement and u would be fine.