Shortness of breath, tachycardia, chest heaviness. Having fatigue, tiredness. What could it be?

Hello Dr. I have been experiencing some sob, tachacardia & feel like something is sitting on my chest . I don t perceive this as angina, no radiation to neck nor arm . I seem to have no energy, get tired & sob after doing tasks that used to be so easy. I don t seem to be able to lose any weight & have been trying to eat a more healthy diet. Father died of AMI near his 60th birthday. I am guessing I need to do in for cardiac work up & I m afraid the protocol will be a cath & stent placement.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013