Shortness of breath, sore chest. Dust allergy. Is it wheezing problem?

Doctor my name is Alex. I am from Chennai. I have shortness of breath at night, and I awake at 12 am during the night time. When this happened first time, it was mild day before yesterday it was a bit severe and yesterday it was milder. I also have some sort of chest tightness and my throat is constricted when I breathe. Mainly I have dust allergy and the place where I reside are filled with dusts which makes me uncomfortable. Moreover I have a cat at home which has been there for many months together. I visited a local physician who said I have some wheezing problems. This has been on for a week and half. I am utterly worried about my condition.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012