Shortness of breath, seating, asthma and COPD. Pain below the ribs. Need immediate medical attention?

My family doctor wanted to admit me to the hospital today for breathing treatments after I complained of extreme shortness of breath and sweating, coupled with asthma and COPD . I went home to get my computer, but was unable to get back to the hospital because I have nausea , sweating, shaking body, and breathlessness so bad I cannot walk but a few feet. I called the doctor s office and told them that I would try again tomorrow. I also have dull pain just below my ribs and chest pain . I do not think that I am able to get to my car and park it before going to admissions office. Am I justified if I call 911 and/or an ambulance ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013