Shortness of breath, low WBC, low temperature, pre diabetic, pre-menopause, hot flashes. Reason?

I have been feeling weak and get out of breath just climbing stairs. I had blood work done and I have a low WBC of 3.1. I have also taken my temp and it is low at about 96. The blood work also indicates that I am pre-diabetic because my blood glucose level was a bit high. Now along with all of this I am pre-menapausal. I have constant hot flashes that last only about 30 seconds. Do homones affect my WBC and body temp? I also wondered if these symptoms could arise from an infection in my tooth . I chipped my tooth about 8 months ago by it did not hurt and it was not bothering me soI did not get it fixed. I am planning to fix it this week. Could that be a problem?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Menopause does not usually affect the WBC and neither will the chipped tooth. But stress can.

The hormone cortisol which is increased in production during stress can easily affect the WBC and result in reduced production and drop in immunity. So if at all your are physically or emotionally stressed, this could be the cause for your presentation. But if you are not, then further elbaorate evaluation may be required.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.