Shortness of breath, high BP. Diastoic dysfunction grade 1,BP, pulse increased during treadmill test. Cure?

My husband has shortness of breath on exertion, especially on lifting weight of any amount (such as carrying in groceries from the car). He has high blood pressure and controlled but previously uncontrolled hemochromatosis . His BP is barely controlled on Lasix , Verapamil, Losartan, and clonidine . He has been seen by a cardiologist and has diastoic dysfunction grade 1 (or so), not believed by his two doctors to cause this shortness of breath to this degree. He has been seen by a pulmonologist who says there may be an small element of restrictive lung disease . His angiogram of the heart was normal per the VA medical system. His lung perfusion scan and pulmonary function tests are normal. His 6 minute walk in the doctor s office this a.m. showed his pulse oximetry to be normal before and immediately following the exercise, and he was so short of breath he had trouble talking. His exercise treadmill test caused a hypertensive response of 230/118 and elevated pulse rate (118?) and they had to stop the test. He and I are stumped by his shortness of breath, which gets drastically bad depending on what he tries to do. I do not know where to take him now. A few years ago, he did have a severe coughing reaction to an ACE inhibitor, lisinopril, taken for his BP and the shortness of breath seemed to get worse then.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013