Shortness of breath, heart murmur. Echography shows regurgitation in the tricuspid. Cause of worry?

I am 14 years young male ,I play ,,as any normal young.before 10 days I felt in shortage in breath doctor says I have a murmur...after making an echography the specialist report conclusion says I have a normal heart ..but I have a regurigitation 2 m/s in the tricuspid but normal in appearance ?is this mean I have a heart disease? Can I continue my life normally? Should I be under follow between now and then ?please answer me now because I and my parents in a disaster?.....
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Tricuspid regurgitation in a normal heart with normal valve may be secondary to pulmonary cause like pulmonary hypertension. Pulmonary hypertension may be primary( without any cause) or secondary( due to some precedent factor).
You have not mentioned the ECHO finding regarding pulmonary hypertension.
Regular follow up is needed in this condition. Precaution must be taken regarding infection of the valve.
So I would suggest you to consult a cardiologist for proper management.
Overall prognosis and ability to lead a normal life can be judged only after assessing the severity of lesion.
General & Family Physician Dr. Polash Sannigrahi's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello dear...
Tricuspid regurgitation of 2 m/s can be detected during echocardiography in 60-70% of normal individuals.
Better get your blood hemoglobin levels checked, as functional murmurs can be appreciated in cases of hyper dynamic circulation like anemia, etc.
But there is no need to worry as it doesn't have much pathological significance.
If everything is normal & symptoms still persist, then it will be better to consult a Cardiologist.
Other than a healthy diet, avoid stress, get good sleep, think positive and stay happy.
Wishing you a Healthy Life.