Shortness of breath, foul smell on breathing. CT of chest shows hernia. Causes for symptoms?

Several weeks ago started having shortness of breath but since I have asthma didnt pay much attention, long story short had to go to the hospital tiwce runned many diferent test and nothing is wrong, a CT of my chest showed a small hernia but no signs of PE witch the Dr suspected.... Could the hernia cause all this shortness of breath and bad breath being that nothing else is wrong acordint to my tests???
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012