Shortness of breath, constant belching, stomach wind, relief on lying down. On medication for arthritis, vertigo. Causes?

hi my dad is suffering from shortness of breath, restlessness, constant bealching to try to get wind out of stomach . He is unable to sit for any periods of time without having to keep on the move and only gets relief when lying down. He has had numerous tests done to find a resolution but nothing works. He takes medication for arthitis and vertigo and I feel that maybe his stomach lining as become damaged due to this and hence these problems. Please help ....
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012