Shortness of breath, chest congestion, chronic bronchitis. Taking albuterol sulphate inhaler. Treatment?

Hi Doctor, About 2 weeks ago I was feeling shortness of breath (and chest congestion) and went to see a doctor. They suspected that I may have chronic bronchitis (I do smoke 2 packets of cigarettes a day for over 30 years). They first put me on a treatment of Prednisom (10mg tablets). For the last 10 days I was on Ciprofloxacin (2 - 500mg tablets a day). I have completely stopped smoking for the last 9 days, but still have shortness of breath when doing minor physical activities. The doctor did prescrible me with an Albuterol Sulphate handheld inhaler . My work is physical in nature, and I have been lucky that work has been slow for the past 2 weeks. I am worried that once business picks up I will have difficulty in doing my job because of the physical nature of my work. Is there something else I can discuss with my doctor to help reduce this shortness of breath so that I can continue working at my job. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012