Shortness of breath. Taking carvedilol for years. Any side effects? Need alternate medication

I have been taking carvedilol for 6+ years, i have been having problems with shortness of breath, and a very low oxygen level from 75 to 85% average. I have had my heart checked and my Dr. told me my breathing was a bigger problem than my heart, at this point. I have done some research on carvedilol and it seems that with acute bronchitis and asmah it can have a lot of side effects. I would like to know if bystolic would be safer. I would like to know what would be the best for my breathing?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013