Shortness of breath. Lung function test normal. Family history of heart problem, diabetic, high cholesterol. Cause?

i had a pacemaker put in on Nov. 7 2012 because my heart rate was in the 30 than I had back surgery on Nov 23 2012 but before i had my pace maker put in I was having some shortness of breath I had a stess test and it was normal now that I am able to start some execise agian i am still having some shortness of breath so i went back and they did a EKG and it was normal i used to run 3 miles a day and now i cant do it. I also had a lung funtion test done and it was normal. 2 of my brothers and my father have stints and my mother died of a heart attack and I am diebetic and hae high collestoral. what could be causing my shortness of breath?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013