Short term memory loss after stroke. MRI shows FLAIR, T2 signal abnormalities, deep cerebral white matter. Surgery needed?

I had a stroke in January and have physically recovered well but have a short term memory loss problem. Took a neuropysch test Tues and Thurs but had a MRI in July done indicating left pontine porencephaly, 2 cm clacified posterior right parafalcine meningioma , old lucunar infarcts in the thalami. It says I have extensive FLAIR and T2 signal abnormalities within the periventricular and deep cerebral white matter . Will I need surgery or is there treatment for this?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012