Short periods cycle, brown bleeding, vaginal spotting, nausea. Symptoms due to birth control usage?

When my period came 16 days ago it lasted two days and was very like and brown looking. Ten days later I began spotting. At first it was a red color but it quickly turned brown. Then I started passing blood clots. This has been happening for 6 days now and hasn t showed any signs of stopping. I am beginning to experience a pain int abdomen . It s more of a pressure. I also feel nauseas. About four months ago I was on Orth Evra but only for two weeks. I just need to know if the birth control is causing this bleeding or if it is something more serious.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013