Short light periods, unprotected sex. Negative pregnancy tests. History of regular periods. Causes?

hi, usually my periods are consistant and i would have 5 days of blood , the first 2 would always be the heaviest, but last month i only got them for 2 days and it was very light, then again this month im on my 2nd day but it seems to be stopped...... i have sex with my long-term partner unprotected, but when i took a test last month it was negative but i wasnt sure if that was because it was in the same week as my period ended. can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Mar 2016

You should undergo one blood test for beta-hCG to rule out early pregnancy. It is more reliable.

Very light period may be due to hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, mental stress, pelvic infection, over weight, irregular diet habit etc.

Take healthy diet with IRON supplements and control body weight. Maintain genital hygiene. Good luck.