Shooting pain in the knee if standing for a long time, inflammation, burning sensation, knots above and below knee. Treatment?

About 2 months ago I was doing household chores that required being on my knees. On 4 separate occasions I had to get on my knees and each time I experience a very sharp pain on the lower outside area of my right knee, with each instance being more painful than the last. Ever since I have experienced constant pain that prevents me from spending any length of time walking or standing. If I am on my feet for more than 15 minutes I begin to experience even more pain accompanied by severe inflamation and shooting pains that have a distinct burning and stinging sensation. I also have a very large, hard knot above my knee to the outside and one below my knee on the outside. The one above is about 2 in circumference and 1/2 in height. The one below my knee is about half this size. I realize I have done something serious to my knee, but I don t have insurance and can t afford an expensive treatment. I just want to know what I have done and what, if anything, I can do at home to lessen the pain and prevent any further injury.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012