Shooting pain in the forearm after blood donation. Any nerve damage? Will this be a permanent damage?

Hi, I donated blood four days ago. When the nurse inserted the needle, I had a very sharp pain intially and then an extremely uncomfortable sensation for the rest of the donation. Afterwards, when I d turn my hand or arm away from my body, I had shooting pains along the underside of my forearm . The pain ran along a straight line though, so it wasn t generalized pain. I belief she caused nerve damage because I ve donated blood before and never experienced this, and this type of pain is similar to the nerve damage I have on other parts of my body from previous surgeries. I was wondering if you thought this was nerve damage, and if it was temporary or could potentially permanent.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012